How would you respond to this statement: “At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day”? Sadly, according to the Gallup organization, only 1/3 of U.S. employees can respond with a “strongly agree” to this statement. Why? Those fortunate individuals found a way to use their strengths back on the job. Come and learn how using a strengths-based approach will help you achieve higher levels of overall personal well-being, productivity, and professional success.
You will learn to:
- Discuss the philosophy and benefits of using a strengths-based approach to manage your work
- Identify your top five StrengthsFinder® themes and how effectively they are being used in your job
- Find ways to further maximize your strengths to increase your success
- Map your strengths to the four leadership domains and determine where your personal “bench strength” lies
- Determine potential personal weaknesses and the best ways to mitigate them in order to maintain success in your job
- Complete an action plan to strategize ways to better leverage your strengths back on the job
You will benefit by:
- Gaining new insights regarding your unique talents and contributions via the StrengthsFinder® Profile
- Optimizing your strengths for greater career success and fulfillment
- Reducing work stress and achieving high impact work results
Check out the following resource for additional learning on this topic:
- Discovering your Strengths (LinkedIn Learning course)
LinkedIn Learning is available at no cost to all active students, faculty and staff (including temporary employees). View more information about LinkedIn Learning at U-M.
Anyone who would like to gain a strong understanding of their innate talents and strengths to better align them in their workplace
As a pre-requisite of the class, you will be asked to complete the online instrument, StrengthsFinder® 2.0. Instructions will be sent via e-mail prior to the class.
Pre-registration with a shortcode is required as there is a $50 cancellation fee that takes effect two weeks prior to the course. If you attend the course, your department will not be charged.
Pre-Class Recommendation with Lynda.com:
- Career Development
- Leadership and Management
Domain and Expectation
- Coach and develop others
- Member of a Team
- Level 2: Skill building