No matter what your organizational level, everyone is a leader. This class will help you identify your innate leadership skills and show you how you can use them to be more successful and effective in your daily work life.
You will learn to:
- Build confidence in your leadership competencies
- Recognize how your personality and leadership styles are similar to or different from styles used by others
- Influence decisions made by others when you are not “officially” in charge
- Use these improved leadership strategies and techniques in your various roles
- Build upon skills and knowledge needed to be an effective leader
You will benefit by:
- Developing core leadership skills that transcend your job position or role
- Creating a comprehensive plan of action for furthering your development as a leader
Check out the following resources for additional learning on this topic:
- Leading Yourself (LinkedIn Learning course)
- Managing Up, Down and Across the Organization (LinkedIn Learning course)
LinkedIn Learning is available at no cost to all active students, faculty and staff (including temporary employees). View more information about LinkedIn Learning at U-M.
Anyone interested in developing their leadership abilities
Pre-registration with a shortcode is required as there is a $50 cancellation fee that takes effect two weeks prior to the course. If you attend the course, your department will not be charged.
- Leadership and Management
Domain and Expectation
- Act with courage and confidence
- Build positive culture
- Member of a Team
- Level 2: Skill building