Managers wear many hats. One hat is your ‘coach’s hat. As a manager, you are responsible for co-creating development plans with your staff members to address current challenges, explore possibilities, attain goals and engage staff members in continuous learning. In this class, you will explore foundational concepts and applicable tools for one-on-one developmental coaching.
You will learn to:
- Apply a 3-stage model to listen more effectively
- Establish the purpose and goals of coaching
- Tools for creating a baseline of information
- Ask ‘coaching questions’ that empower others
- Provide meaningful feedback through the skill of acknowledgement
- Develop a trusting coaching relationship
You will benefit by:
- Engaging in self-discovery that will enhance your managerial skills
- Applying practical coaching skills you can use immediately
- Continuing to evolve as an effective coaching manager
This course includes a one hour online component after each in-class session, details will be sent via email after the completion of the first in-class session.
Managers, supervisors and team leaders who would like to build developmental coaching skills
- Leadership Development
- Performance Management