This unique development opportunity is for leaders who value strengths-based philosophies and practices and would like to continue their journey. This program combines cohort-based learning, self-exploration, personal coaching and an action learning project to increase a leader’s awareness of their innate talents and strengths, while maximizing their leadership ability.
You will learn to:
- Develop a deeper, comprehensive understanding of your 34 StrengthsFinder™ themes and in the context of your leadership role
- Explore theme dynamics and how they affect relationships, performance and unit outcomes
- Create a talent profile that captures your personal values, dominant strengths, career aspirations, and professional development interests and needs
- Practice strengths coaching to develop employee talent and performance
- Prepare an action learning plan that addresses how you will immediately apply strengths practices to your team and unit
You will benefit by:
- Leveraging the cohort learning format to expand your strengths-based knowledge and application
- Receiving one on one coaching that will help you reach your goals, optimize your talents and strengths while mitigating weaknesses
- Integrating strengths tools and practices that increase employee engagement, drive talent development, and improve career management
Cohort Session Themes:
- Values and Talent
- Dynamics of Strengths
- Role of Manager and Strengths Coaching
- Leveraging Team Strengths
- Action Learning Presentations
Personal Coaching Sessions:
Three personal coaching sessions are included as part of the course. These sessions will be scheduled individually after the first cohort session.
Anyone in a formal leadership role who would like to further develop their strengths-based practices, contribute toward a positive work environment, and build talent in their organization
This is a multi-day development opportunity and to receive credit, leaders must attend all cohort sessions, complete two of three personal coaching sessions and their action learning project. Participants will be assigned to a Gallup certified coach for the personal coaching sessions.
It is recommended that participants have completed an Organizational Learning StrengthsFinder® program or other learning equivalent and have their top 5 StrengthsFinder® themes from Gallup. For those that have not completed a StrengthsFinder® program, accommodations will be available.
- Leadership Development