There are many different ways culture influences behavior. This session explores how culture affects our interactions with others, how assumptions may be flawed, and examines ways to navigate our cultural differences.
You will learn to:
- Discuss some of the challenges persons from other cultures might face
- Identify examples of verbal and nonverbal communication, symbolic meaning, cultural norms and cultural values
You will benefit by:
- Obtaining a general framework for understanding culture
- Increasing self-awareness and improving competency in both inter -and intra-cultural communications
Anyone who would like to learn how to be more sensitive to the issues that people from other cultures face here at U-M
These sessions are being offered at no cost to U-M faculty and staff, thanks to sponsorship from U-M executive officers.
Departments can request any of the core courses to be held at their work location free of charge.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion