As an introduction to Engaging Development Conversations for Better Results, this virtual session will focus on using impactful conversations to support development planning. You will practice using exploratory questions to promote more meaningful and engaging conversations with your team members. Having these conversations related to employee development goals and opportunities will help your team members do their best work.
You will learn to:
- Identify questions that can be used as conversation starters for development planning using the “You, Plan, Do, Review” model from the Ross School of Business
- Ask positively-framed exploratory questions that will encourage your team members to share their goals in a more meaningful way
- Utilize this method in a virtual environment as well as in-person
You will benefit by:
- Creating an environment that supports meaningful and engaging conversations about development
- Promoting employee engagement using open and honest dialogue with your team members
- Having more impactful virtual meetings
Anyone who would like to promote meaningful, engaging conversations about development to create an environment that focuses on our greatest asset–our people
This is an introductory webinar of the content from the Engaging Development Conversations for Better Results in-person course. It is also complementary to Professional Development: A Manager’s Companion Guide.
This workshop is being offered in an online webinar format. Online session login information will be delivered in the registration confirmation email. You will need to click on the link provided in the confirmation and register in BlueJeans. Once you register in BlueJeans, you will receive another confirmation email that will contain the link for the session.
- Leading People and Teams
Domain and Expectation
- Collaborate and build inclusive relationships
- Coach and develop others
- Build positive culture
- Member of a Team
- Leading a Team
- Leading Multiple Teams