This next level program is organized around the U-M Organizational Competencies, focusing on performance, project, and change management strategies. Through a series of classroom instruction, assignments, group discussions, and guest speakers, this year long program has been developed for Foundations of Supervision II graduates interested in advancing their leadership skills.
FOS III is a combination of formal and informal learning combined with activities that are aimed at experienced managers and supervisors who would like to enhance their leadership perspective. Informal learning activities are intended to enhance the formal classroom experience. These activities include class readings, meeting with personal advisors, a brief research project and presentation, check-in meetings with supervisors, and networking opportunities.
The schedule includes the following sessions:
- Wed. 9/12/18, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (lunch included)
- Thu. 10/18/18, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Thu. 11/29/18, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Thu. 1/10/19, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Thu. 2/7/19, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Thu. 3/21/19, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Thu. 4/18/19, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Thu. 5/16/19, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Thu. 6/20/19, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (lunch included) | Location: TBD
- Silence is NOT Golden: How to Effectively Address Problem Behavior
Tue. 9/18/18, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Managing Up: The Dos and Don'ts of Working Well FOR Others
Thu. 11/1/18, 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Applied Project Planning at U-M
Wed. 12/5/18 and Thu 12/6/18, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Employee Coaching That Works
Wed. 1/30/19, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00p.m.
- Generations X, Y and Beyond: Maximizing Your Team's Success
Fri. 3/22/19, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Developing Connections Across Difference
Thu. 4/11/19, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Implementing Business Processes: A Practical Approach
Wed. 5/1/19, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30p.m.
- Becoming a Leader Who Fosters Innovation
Tue. 6/11/19, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
This is a multi-day class. In order to receive credit for the class you must attend a minimum of (7) of the (8) cohort sessions and classes (or make arrangements for an elective class)
Lunch is not provided unless noted. Time will be allotted for a lunch period and delivery menus will be available. Access to our staff kitchen for microwave/refrigerator use is also allowed.
Individuals with at least one year of supervisory experience who would like to further advance their leadership skills