In this session, participants will practice engaging in conversations focused on development and impact to help staff do their best work. You will learn how to balance support for staff in their career journeys, while also staying focused on the needs of the school, college or unit. And finally, you’ll gain access to ideas, tools, and resources you can use starting today.
You will learn to:
- Leverage opportunities and create environments that support impactful conversations
- Identify positively-framed questions to use as conversation starters
- Practice these approaches in a safe environment
You will benefit by:
- Walking out of the session with concrete tools in-hand that can be used immediately
- Promoting open and honest conversations between leaders and staff, that lead to successful staff engagement
- Learning to ask questions that surface opportunities for staff to develop in areas they are passionate about
Any person at any level wishing to promote impactful conversations and create an environment that focuses on our greatest asset–our people. These impactful conversations can be initiated by staff and/or leadership.
Pre-registration with a shortcode is required as there is a $50 cancellation fee that takes effect two weeks prior to the course. If you attend the course, your department will not be charged.
Domain and Expectation
- Collaborate and build inclusive relationships
- Coach and develop others
- Build positive culture