Using the popular book, Difficult Conversations, this class will explore the elements of difficult conversations, along with ways to make them less stressful and more productive.
You will learn to:
- Shift to a learning stance in order to better interpret the other person’s position
- Examine your assumptions about the situation
- Recognize the part we each play in difficult conversations
- Use the best ways to analyze and address the issue successfully
You will benefit by:
- Lowering your anxiety while holding a “difficult conversation”
- Learning innovative techniques for better communication
- Express yourself clearly and powerfully
Anyone who would like to improve their ability to manage challenging communication issues
Participants will receive a copy of Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton and Sheila Heen’s book Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most.
- Communication and Listening
Building Relationships and Interpersonal Skills