Personal styles, life experiences, and our skills and interests impact how we communicate with one another. Difficulties often arise when we see these factors as impediments to communication, rather than ways to help us deepen our understanding. Come to this session where, in a safe and fun environment, you will identify how bringing “your full self” can help you connect to and understand colleagues on a deeper level.
You will learn to:
- Recognize how bringing your full self contributes to how you communicate with others
- Identify the various factors that impact who you are
- Use a simple and fun model to assist in identifying commonalities between you and your colleagues
- Practice using active listening skills to communicate more effectively
- Utilize the “I Am/I’m Not” model to assist you in learning how to better communicate with others
You will benefit by:
- Increasing your ability to listen and work across differences
- Discovering unique qualities about yourself that can be used to increase your effectiveness with others
- Learning simple tools and models that will increase your effectiveness across differences.
Anyone who is looking for a basic model to use that will assist them in being more effective and comfortable working across differences