As an organization grows, effective managers and leaders need to increasingly rely on the competencies and capabilities of others to complete work. You will leave this course with the skills to become a successful delegator.
You will learn to:
- Identify the shift in responsibilities needed for developing leadership and managerial skills
- Apply the three phases of transition to move from expert to successful manager and leader
- Leverage team resources through the delegation process
- Determine the important communication skills needed for delegation
- Use engagement strategies in follow-up and feedback to increase the success of delegation
You will benefit by:
- Knowing how to identify which tasks to delegate
- Transitioning from doing to getting work done through others
- Improving your organization’s overall productivity
Check out the following resource for additional learning on this topic:
- Delegating Tasks (LinkedIn Learning course)
LinkedIn Learning is available at no cost to all active students, faculty and staff (including temporary employees). View more information about LinkedIn Learning at U-M.
Managers or future managers who would like to better delegate tasks to others
Pre-registration with a shortcode is required as there is a $50 cancellation fee that takes effect two weeks prior to the course. If you attend the course, your department will not be charged.
- Leadership and Management
- Leading People and Teams
Domain and Expectation
- Coach and develop others
- Leading a Team
- Leading Multiple Teams
- Level 2: Skill building