Making purchases for your workplace, programs and courses can be complicated! This course will help you to be a better steward of university resources as you navigate the procurement process. It is part of the Leadership 101 Curriculum.
You will learn to:
- Navigate the procurement lifecycle
- Identify which items you can purchase with and without Procurement Services Involvement
- Determine the appropriate buying method for your purchase
You will benefit by:
- Gaining an understanding of the laws and policies that regulate procurement activities at the university
- Exploring important Procurement Services policies that reduce risk and protect university interests
- Obtaining resources to get you started with the purchasing process
A short assignment (less than an hour) will be shared via email one week prior to the course. The assignment is expected to be completed prior to the session.
Any U-M faculty or staff member interested in learning how to purchase items and services for their unit or department
- This session is being delivered in a live e-learning format. The participant link will be delivered in the registration confirmation email.
- Leadership and Management
Domain and Expectation
- Achieve results
- Solve problems
- Member of a Team
- Leading a Team
- Level 1: Awareness