This awareness level course introduces new supervisors and managers to the general financial responsibilities of university leaders. It is part of the Leadership 101 Curriculum.
You will learn to:
- Identify a supervisor’s responsibilities for effective stewardship of university funds Recognize the university’s major revenue sources and the restrictions associated with using them
- Determine appropriate revenue sources for unit expenditures
You will benefit by:
- Gaining an understanding to effectively manage the financial resources in a unit/department
- Obtaining practice spending a budget based on revenue sources and amounts
Any U-M faculty and staff member who is new to supervision or interested in learning more about their role as a steward of university funds.
This session is being delivered in a live e-learning format. The participant link will be delivered in the registration confirmation email. To continue your professional development you can check out the Leadership 101 Curriculum or our New Leaders collection on LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning is available at no cost to all active faculty, staff and students. You can also view more information about LinkedIn Learning at U-M.
- Leadership and Management
Domain and Expectation
- Achieve results
- Solve problems
- Leading a Team
- Leading Multiple Teams
- Leading the Organization
- Level 1: Awareness