This is an introductory class for any individual responsible for interviewing and selecting employees. This session will guide you through the implementation of effective interviewing practices that allow you to deliver a consistent experience for candidates, focus on behavioral data and gain multiple perspectives, to ensure you select the most qualified applicants.
You will learn to:
- Define behavioral based interviewing
- Collect job relevant data in a legally defensible manner
- Utilize the STAR method to capture interview responses
- Evaluate candidate information to make quality hiring decisions
You will benefit by:
- Learning how to create a positive candidate experience
- Learning tips for creating a consistent structured selection process
- Obtaining resources to assist with your selection process
- Discussing best practices for talent acquisition
Check out the following resource for additional learning on this topic:
- Interviewing Techniques (LinkedIn Learning course)
LinkedIn Learning is available at no cost to all active students, faculty and staff (including temporary employees). View more information about LinkedIn Learning at U-M.
Hiring managers or any individual involved in the selection process
Pre-registration with a shortcode is required as there is a $50 cancellation fee that takes effect two weeks prior to the course. If you attend the course, your department will not be charged.
- Professional Skills
Domain and Expectation
- Foster and promote diverse teams
- Member of a Team
- Leading a Team
- Leading Multiple Teams
- Leading the Organization
- Level 2: Skill building