Group think is defined as: “the practice of thinking or making decisions as a group in a way that discourages creativity or individual responsibility.” While we feel that surrounding ourselves with like minds can produce a powerful end product, the truth is very much the opposite. The good thing is that you can get out and stay out of group think and re-invigorate your creative work processes.
You will learn to:
- Identify the signs that you may be getting stuck in group think
- Apply techniques that promote creative and divergent thinking in your group
- Use strategies that replace “happy thought and skepticism” with “optimism and realism”
- Utilize 7 practical strategies to reduce or even avoid group failure
- Determine when to use the knowledge of experts over the wisdom of the group
You will benefit by:
- Experiencing increased work group effectiveness
- Avoiding a watered-down end product when embarking on a group project
- Witnessing a reinvigorated team as they see real results
- Observing improved intra-team communications
Managers who want to increase the effectiveness and communication of their teams
Pre-registration with a shortcode is required as there is a $50 cancellation fee that takes effect two weeks prior to the course. If you attend the course, your department will not be charged.
- Team Development and Dynamics