At U-M there are a lot of complexities when starting a project and good planning is what will set your projects up for success. But where do you start? Who do you engage? What questions do you ask? How do you translate high-level goals into an actionable plan? This hands-on class will demonstrate the practical application of project management skills and guide you through the do’s and don’ts of starting a project.
You will learn to:
- Apply techniques to help identify what is a project versus just a task
- Ask the right questions and develop a project charge
- Identify the resources you need to staff your project
- Apply best practices to develop a project plan that can aid you in the project management process
You will benefit by:
- Understanding when you need to organize work as a project
- Knowing what information is needed to start a project and set you up for success
- Having an improved ability to translate high-level goals into actionable project tasks
This program is not intended for those who specialize in or have received training in project management.
Anyone interested in improving their project management skills
- Project and Task Management