The Human Resources Records Management maintains and manages records and information for the University of Michigan community, including benefits information.
To submit questions about Records Management Services, Contact Us.
Records Management also has the responsibility of processing and maintaining Faculty and Staff records, including:
- Academic Unit Contacts List (MS Excel) – Updated September 30, 2021
- Manage exception and integrated appointment transactions
- Provide expert user support (tier III)
- Provide unit training
- Batch processing - union contracts, re-organization, benefit eligibility updates, stop pay rows including benefit eligible students and ESR.
- Mass update spreadsheet processing
- Manage and administer unemployment compensation for the entire university, including Flint & Dearborn campuses
- Data stewards for HR Data
- Prepare monthly Regents Information Report
- Transaction reporting (PAR)
- Audit to maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with government regulations and contract requirements
- Documentation development
- System upgrade activities/enhancements to M-Pathways coordination/integration
- Provide pay processing support
- Sabbatical request (Form J)
- Temporary and mass purge processing
Important Note About Unemployment Insurance Claims
For questions on individual claims, contact the State of Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency or another state agency. University Human Resources cannot file or answer questions about individual unemployment claims.