TIAA and Fidelity Investments offer free one-on-one counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff. Meet with a financial planning specialist in person or over the phone to help estimate how much income you will need in retirement, discuss retirement income plans, identify ways to save more and invest more efficiently, and assist with tax considerations. All times listed are Eastern Time.
TIAA offers individual counseling as well as a Financial Education Series to U-M faculty and staff designed to help you learn the essential information you need to plan for your financial future.
To reserve your space in a workshop or to schedule an in-person consultation, call (800) 732-8353 or register online.
Live Webinars Offered in February 2019
- Healthy Numbers: Integrating Healthcare into Your Retirement - February 6, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
You can learn and plan for the cost of healthcare in retirement, including supplemental insurance, and the real benefits and costs of Medicare.
- Special Topic: Hacking the Human Cybersecurity and You - February 7, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Special Topic: Introduction to Trusts - February 12, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Charting Your Course: A Financial Guide for Women - February 12, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Special Topic: The 411 on 529 College Savings Plans - February 13, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Inside Money: Managing Income and Debt - February 13, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Halfway There: A Reitrement Checkpoint - February 14, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Visit tiaa.org/webinars to access the Live Webinar Lounge and log in to view past events or register for upcoming live webinars. If you have set up an online account with TIAA, login with your TIAA.org user ID and password under "TIAA customer access." If you do not have a TIAA account, you may register under "Guest access."
Fidelity Investments offers individual counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff who have retirement funds invested in accounts with Fidelity. You will meet with an experienced Fidelity counselor for approximately 45 minutes. To schedule an appointment, call Fidelity at 1-800-642-7131 or register online.
Have a Question?
Contact TIAA and Fidelity Investments for these inquiries and services:
- Questions/help choosing a fund
- Account and income information
- Brochures and booklets on services and financial planning
- Change of address
- Change your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Divorce, Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
- Forms for cash withdrawal, rollovers, transfers, income options
- Income and payment methods (lifetime annuity, cash out, interest)
- Schedule individual counseling; register for workshops
- Tax questions (withdrawal penalty, minimum distribution, federal withholding)
- Transferring between funds and between TIAA and Fidelity
- Verify or change beneficiary