Mico-consulting is a short burst of work that is focused on a specific topic and is delivered and acted upon quickly. Consultants engage with units who require additional expertise to supplement their in-house knowlege to tackle small projects and achieve business goals/objectives. This service is available at no cost to U-M units during the pilot program in summer 2020.
Target Audience: Individuals leading an initiative or team
Beginning: June 2020
Format: Video conferencing, phone, or in-person
Time: 30-60 minute meeting (up to 3 sessions within 3-month period)
Out of Scope:
- Complex projects that would exceed 3-months
- Requests for design/development or facilitation of unit-specific workshops or programs.
To support individuals leading an initiative or a team in their efforts to transition back to the workplace, transform their culture, increase employee engagement and build internal capacity to thrive.
Opportunities for Micro-consulting Services
What we (OL Consultants) can do in a micro-consulting session:
- Partner as a sounding board or provide a quick checkpoint before executing an initiative, check in the midst of a project or clarify next steps.
- Troubleshoot challenges or issues faced at work and brainstorm/explore solution possibilities, e.g.:
- Team learning, skill development
- Team building, relationship building
- Workplace conflict
- Culture change
- Strategic planning: mission, vision, values, goals
- Reference OL programs and services
- Provide recommendations for learning interventions.
- Identify strategies, tools and resources to support culture change and development of action plans/steps.
- Provides just-in time assistance, support, advice and counsel for workplace challenges and opportunities
- Helps a leader shift from awareness to behavioral change and modeling
- Encourages commitment and accountability for successful transference/application of learning before/after learning interventions
- Increase awareness of OL services
- Proactive response to COVID-19
We will survey those who utilize the micro-consulting service 30 days after participation to track the impact and effectiveness of the service.