Due to concerns related to COVID-19, the Kids Kare service provider is unable to care for sick children at this time.
If your regular caregiver is unavailable, and you must work or study for U-M, Kids Kare at Home may be able to help. Please read the following guidelines to see if you are eligible to use Kids Kare.
- Children must be ages 13 and under (children with special needs who are not able to be alone, ages 25 and under).
- Regular faculty or staff members currently affiliated with the U-M Ann Arbor, UMHS, U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint are eligible to register.
- If they qualify (based on household income) for partially-subsidized care, faculty or staff must have at least a half-time appointment and be benefits-eligible.
- Grandparents are eligible as long as the child resides in their home, and they have legal guardianship, or the child qualifies as their principally supported child.
- Full or half-time U-M students (graduate or undergraduate, Ann Arbor campus ONLY) are eligible.
- If both parents are affiliated with U-M and living in the same household, only one may be registered.
- If both parents are affiliated with U-M and living in separate households (e.g., in the case of divorce/separation), each may register.
Service is more likely to be available in following Michigan counties:
The following Michigan counties may be considered, but the availability of caregivers is much more limited: