As an eligible U-M retiree, you can choose coverage at the following levels in a U-M health plan (depending on Medicare status).
- 1 Person Regular
- 1 Person Regular and Child(ren)
- 1 Person with Medicare
- 2 People Regular
- 2 People Regular and Child(ren)
- 2 People (1 Regular, 1 with Medicare)
- 2 People with Medicare
- 3 or More People with Medicare
- 3 or More People (at least 1 Regular and 1 with Medicare)
“Regular” refers to retirees or their dependents who are not eligible for Medicare.
“Child(ren)” refers to retiree’s covered dependent child(ren) under age 26, who are not eligible for Medicare.
Retiree Health Plan Rates
The amount that retirees pay and that the university pays towards retiree health benefits varies based on hire date, age, retirement date, eligibility for Medicare, coverage level, and health plan. You can view your individual monthly rates online through Wolverine Access (a uniqname and UMICH password are required).
View Your Rates on Wolverine Access
If you are a current retiree, view your retiree benefits plan rates online:
- Go to Wolverine Access.
- Select Faculty & Staff > Employee Self-Service.
- Login using your uniqname and UMICH password.
- Under Benefits on the Self-Service page, select Display Benefits Plan Rates.
Rate Charts by Hire and Retirement Date
The rate charts are effective January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018.
Refer to the retiree health plan rate chart guide to help you determine which chart applies to your situation based on your date of service, age, and date of retirement.
Or, view the rate charts below.
The following rates are effective January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018.
- If you retired before 1987, refer to Chart A for your retiree health plan rates.
- If your service date is after July 1, 1988 and you are retired and your are under age 62, refer to Chart B for your retiree health plan rates.
- If your service date is before July 1, 1988 and you are any age, or
If your service date is on or after July 1, 1988 and you are age 62 or older, refer to the rate chart based on when you retired:
- If you retired between January 1, 1987 and December 31, 1999, refer to Chart C for your retiree health plan rates.
- If you retired between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2012, refer to Chart D for your retiree health plan rates.
- If you retired between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2014, refer to Chart E for your retiree health plan rates.
- If you retired between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2016, refer to Chart F for your retiree health plan rates.
- If you retired on or after January 1, 2017, refer to Chart G for your retiree health plan rates.
For questions about making benefits elections, call the SSC Contact Center. Call 5-2000 from the Ann Arbor Campus, (734) 615-2000 from the local Ann Arbor area, or (866) 647-7657 for toll-free long distance. The SSC Contact Center is open Monday - Friday 8:00-5:00.
If you need help with logging in to Wolverine Access, general computing, system access, or campus computing site support, contact the ITS Service Center by calling (734) 764-HELP (764-4357), Monday-Friday 7 a.m.- 6 p.m.