As you look ahead to retirement, learn about Social Security and Medicare from a Social Security Administration claims specialist through presentations held on campus. Topics include Medicare eligibility, filing procedures, enrollment periods and Social Security benefits in your retirement. Select one of the on-campus or live stream sessions listed at the end of this page to register.
Need individual help? Connect with Social Security directly
- Browse frequently asked questions about Social Security
- Video: How can Social Security help you plan for retirement?
- Learn about what you can do online with Social Security
- Call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)
- Find your local Social Security office
You may wish to browse additional information about Medicare and U-M retiree health plans, Medicare frequently asked questions and Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage. If you can't attend an on-campus Social Security presentation in person or you'd like to review what's covered, check out the following recording of the June 26, 2017 presentation at the Ford Auditorium, University Hospital. You can also view the recording of the February 28, 2017 presentation at the Michigan Union.