TIAA and Fidelity Investments offer free one-on-one counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff. Meet with a financial planning specialist in person or over the phone to help estimate how much income you will need in retirement, discuss retirement income plans, identify ways to save more and invest more efficiently, and assist with tax considerations. All times listed are Eastern Time.
TIAA offers individual counseling as well as a Financial Education Series to U-M faculty and staff designed to help you learn the essential information you need to plan for your financial future.
To reserve your space in a workshop or to schedule an in-person consultation, call (800) 732-8353 or register online.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Tax planning in 2019 April 16, 12-1 p.m.
- Tomorrow in Focus: Saving for your ideal retirement April 16, 3-4 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Quarterly economic and market update April 17, 12-1 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Millennial financial literacy and fin-tech use April 25, 12-1 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: The 411 on 529 college savings plans May 2, 12-1 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Market-proof your retirement May 8, 12-1 p.m.
- Healthy Numbers: Integrating healthcare into your retirement plan May 8, 3-4 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Understanding Medicare May 14, 12-1 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Estate planning basics May 21, 12-1 p.m.
- Equally Prepared: Financial planning for the LGBT community June 11, 12-1 p.m.
- Paying Yourself: Income options in retirement June 12, 12-1 p.m.
- Inside Money: Managing income and debt June 13, 3-4 p.m.
These are just a few of the live webinars offered. Download a list of all TIAA live webinars offered April - June 2019.
Paying Yourself: Income Options in Retirement
Do you know how you'll pay yourself in retirement? There are lots of options, and tax implications, that can affect your income. In this live webinar, TIAA's workshop leader will help you:
- Understand the basic rules governing most common retirement accounts
- Gain perspective on when to withdraw different assets
- Discover the income choices TIAA offers
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 12-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 12-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 12-1 p.m.
Missed a live event? Visit tiaa.org/webinars to access past events or register for upcoming live webinars. If you have set up an online account with TIAA, login with your TIAA.org user ID and password under "TIAA customer access." If you do not have a TIAA account, you may register under "Guest access."
Fidelity Investments offers individual counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff who have retirement funds invested in accounts with Fidelity. You will meet with an experienced Fidelity counselor for approximately 45 minutes. To schedule an appointment, call Fidelity at 1-800-642-7131 or register online.
Have a Question?
Contact TIAA and Fidelity Investments for these inquiries and services:
- Questions/help choosing a fund
- Account and income information
- Brochures and booklets on services and financial planning
- Change of address
- Change your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Divorce, Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
- Forms for cash withdrawal, rollovers, transfers, income options
- Income and payment methods (lifetime annuity, cash out, interest)
- Schedule individual counseling; register for workshops
- Tax questions (withdrawal penalty, minimum distribution, federal withholding)
- Transferring between funds and between TIAA and Fidelity
- Verify or change beneficiary