TIAA and Fidelity Investments offer free one-on-one counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff. Meet with a financial planning specialist in person or over the phone to help estimate how much income you will need in retirement, discuss retirement income plans, identify ways to save more and invest more efficiently, and assist with tax considerations. All times listed are Eastern Time.
TIAA offers individual counseling as well as a Financial Education Series to U-M faculty and staff designed to help you learn the essential information you need to plan for your financial future.
To reserve your space in a workshop or to schedule an in-person consultation, call (800) 732-8353 or register online.
Estate Planning Seminar, October 1, 2019
Are you prepared for your future? Learn about estate planning and the basics of wills and trusts. Attend a seminar with James M. Alvserson, Director of Wealth Planning Strategies for TIAA on Tuesday, October 1.
You will learn about the estate planning process and other things you should consider, including:
- how assets may be passed on according to your wishes
- key considerations for managing family assets
- establishing beneficiaries
Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the Michigan League Koessler room (3rd floor) on the U-M Ann Arbor campus.
For more information or to confirm your attendance, visit TIAA.org/U-Mestateplan or call 800-732-8353.
Guests may also attend. Light refreshments will be served.
- Money at Work 2: Sharpening investment skills 9/18, 12-1 p.m.
- The Starting Line: Beginning to save for retirement 9/18, 3-4 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: An introduction to alternative investments—Real Estate 9/19, 12-1 p.m. Healthy Numbers: Integrating healthcare into your retirement plan 9/19, 3-4 p.m.
Visit TIAA.Org/Webinars to Register
Visit tiaa.org/webinars to access past events or register for upcoming live webinars.
You do not need to have an account with TIAA to participate in the webinars, but registration is required.
- If you have an account with TIAA:
- Click "Register for TIAA access" if you have not already set up online access
- If you have set up TIAA online access, login with your TIAA.org user ID and password under "TIAA customer access."
- If you do not have a TIAA account, or you did not sign up for online access, you may sign up under "Guest access."
- If this is your first TIAA webinar, click "Register for Guest access" and complete the registration process.
- If you previously signed up for guest access, log in with the email address and password used to set up your guest account.
- If you do not remember your login user name or password for either your TIAA or your guest account, scroll down to Login Help and indicate if you forgot your user name or password.
Remember, as a benefit of your plan free investment and retirement planning help is available by calling 800-732-8353.
Fidelity Investments offers individual counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff who have retirement funds invested in accounts with Fidelity. You will meet with an experienced Fidelity counselor for approximately 45 minutes. To schedule an appointment, call Fidelity at 1-800-642-7131 or register online.
- Getting More Out of Social Security, Watch Now
To register for live webcasts, visit the Fidelity Webcast Hub.
Remember, as a benefit of your plan free investment and retirement planning help is available by calling (800) 642-7131.
Have a Question?
Contact TIAA and Fidelity Investments for these inquiries and services:
- Questions/help choosing a fund
- Account and income information
- Brochures and booklets on services and financial planning
- Change of address
- Change your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Divorce, Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
- Forms for cash withdrawal, rollovers, transfers, income options
- Income and payment methods (lifetime annuity, cash out, interest)
- Schedule individual counseling; register for workshops
- Tax questions (withdrawal penalty, minimum distribution, federal withholding)
- Transferring between funds and between TIAA and Fidelity
- Verify or change beneficiary