TIAA and Fidelity Investments offer free one-on-one counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff. Meet with a financial planning specialist in person or over the phone to help estimate how much income you will need in retirement, discuss retirement income plans, identify ways to save more and invest more efficiently, and assist with tax considerations.
TIAA offers individual counseling as well as a Financial Education Series to U-M faculty and staff designed to help you learn the essential information you need to plan for your financial future.
To reserve your space in a workshop or to schedule an in-person consultation, call (800) 732-8353 or register online.
Visit tiaa.org/webinars to access the Live Webinar Lounge and log in to view past events or register for upcoming live webinars.
Here are webinars offered in September 2018:
- Special Topic Series 1: Estate Planning Basics, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Ensuring that our assets will pass to loved ones and causes that are near and dear is important to most of us. Discover the basic estate planning components and strategies to ensure that your wishes are met.
- She's Got It: A woman's guide to saving and investing, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
You can discover saving and investing strategies developed especially for women and how you can put them into action.
- Special Topic Series 2: The 411 on 529 college savings plans, Wednesday, September 26, 2018,12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
You can learn how 529 college savings plans work and how to invest in one for a child, grandchild, yourself or other loved one.
- Money at Work 1: Foundations of investing, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Discover how you can manage risk versus reward as well as understand the role of investing and managing risks, ways to help accelerate savings and tools that can help sustain a portfolio.
- Special Topic Series 2: Hacking the Human--Cybersecurity and you, Thursday, September 27, 2018, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Learn how you can protect yourself and your family from cybercriminal social engineering.
- The Starting Line: Why and how retirement saving should begin now, Thursday, September 27, 2018, 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
You can learn how to evaluate and manage debt, find additional ways to save, create a budget and begin to plan for retirement.
Fidelity Investments offers individual counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff who have retirement funds invested in accounts with Fidelity. You will meet with an experienced Fidelity counselor for approximately 45 minutes. To schedule an appointment, call Fidelity at 1-800-642-7131 or register online.
Have a Question?
Contact TIAA and Fidelity Investments for these inquiries and services:
- Questions/help choosing a fund
- Account and income information
- Brochures and booklets on services and financial planning
- Change of address
- Change your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Divorce, Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
- Forms for cash withdrawal, rollovers, transfers, income options
- Income and payment methods (lifetime annuity, cash out, interest)
- Schedule individual counseling; register for workshops
- Tax questions (withdrawal penalty, minimum distribution, federal withholding)
- Transferring between funds and between TIAA and Fidelity
- Verify or change beneficiary