TIAA and Fidelity Investments offer free one-on-one counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff. Consult with a financial planning specialist over the phone to help estimate how much income you will need in retirement, discuss retirement income plans, identify ways to save more and invest more efficiently, and assist with tax considerations.
To schedule an appointment:
- Visit tiaa.org/schedulenow or call 800-732-8353, weekdays 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
- Visit Fidelity's new web page or call 800-642-7131, weekdays 8 a.m. to midnight ET
Learn what to expect before your one-on-one session with a counselor by viewing a brief video.
Have a Question?
Contact TIAA and Fidelity Investments for these inquiries and services:
- Questions/help choosing a fund
- Account and income information
- Brochures and booklets about services and financial planning
- Change your address
- Change your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Divorce, Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
- Forms for cash withdrawal, rollovers, transfers, income options
- Income and payment methods (lifetime annuity, cash out, interest)
- Schedule individual counseling; register for workshops
- Tax questions (withdrawal penalty, minimum distribution, federal withholding)
- Transferring between funds and between TIAA and Fidelity
- Verify or change beneficiary