TIAA and Fidelity Investments offer free one-on-one counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff. Meet with a financial planning specialist in person or over the phone to help estimate how much income you will need in retirement, discuss retirement income plans, identify ways to save more and invest more efficiently, and assist with tax considerations.
TIAA offers individual counseling as well as a Financial Education Series to U-M faculty and staff designed to help you learn the essential information you need to plan for your financial future.
To reserve your space in a workshop or to schedule an in-person consultation, call (800) 732-8353 or register online.
Visit tiaa.org/webinars to access the Live Webinar Lounge and log in to register for upcoming live webinars.
Here are just a few of the upcoming webinars (all times are Eastern Time):
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Social Security basics, February 13, 2018, 12-1 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: All About IRAs, February 13, 2018, 3-4 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Demystifying Life Insurance, February 14, 2018, 12-1 p.m.
- Charting Your Course: A financial guide for women, February 14, 2018, 3-4 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: The 411 on 529 plans, February 15, 2018, 12-1 p.m.
- Inside Money: Managing income and debt, February 15, 2018, 3-4 p.m.
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Tax reform For the first time in over 30 years, there has been a tax overhaul and the new provisions may impact you in many ways. This webinar will break down the new tax plan and help you understand how it may affect your financial and estate planning. Learn more about this live webinar. February 21, 2018, 12 - 1 p.m. (ET)
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Help protect you, your family, and your money, February 27, 2018, 12-1 p.m.
Fidelity Investments offers individual counseling sessions to U-M faculty and staff who have retirement funds invested in accounts with Fidelity. You will meet with an experienced Fidelity counselor for approximately 45 minutes. To schedule an appointment, call Fidelity at 1-800-642-7131 or register online.
Have a Question?
Contact TIAA and Fidelity Investments for these inquiries and services:
- Questions/help choosing a fund
- Account and income information
- Brochures and booklets on services and financial planning
- Change of address
- Change your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Divorce, Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
- Forms for cash withdrawal, rollovers, transfers, income options
- Income and payment methods (lifetime annuity, cash out, interest)
- Schedule individual counseling; register for workshops
- Tax questions (withdrawal penalty, minimum distribution, federal withholding)
- Transferring between funds and between TIAA and Fidelity
- Verify or change beneficiary