- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced onion, about 2 medium or 1 large onion
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, about 2 large carrots
- 3 1/2 cups diced low sodium tomatoes, about 2 cans, fire-roasted are preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- OPTIONAL: 6 teaspoons plain yogurt for garnish
- In a large saucepan warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring to avoid burning, for 5 minutes. Add the carrot and cook an additional 6 - 8 minutes or until carrots are tender. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Pour in the broth and the water and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender or use an immersion blender, until smooth. Stir in chopped tarragon
- Ladle into bowls and, if desired, top with nonfat yogurt, serve.
- Gluten Free
- Quick and Easy