- 1 cup quinoa, dry (rinsed per package instructions)
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- dash black pepper
- * meets Diabetes guidelines
- Add quinoa and water to a pot, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, prep parsley, mint, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and green onion.
- When quinoa is finished cooking, spread it out on a large plate to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and dressing together, toss to mix.
- Side Dish
- Plant-Based Protein