- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark rum, optional
- 4 lean pork loin chops, preferably with the bone-in
- In a food processor chop garlic, add pepper, pour in lime juice and add remaining ingredients except the pork chops. Blend well.
- Trim all visible fat from the chops and place them into a zip-seal bag. Add marinade, seal and refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove chops from marinade, shaking off excess. On a nonstick grill pan or skillet cook chops over medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 F.
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free