- 6 chicken breast, no skin, no bone
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups Panko or whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Trim off excess fat. Cut each breast half into 3 sections; remove the thin end by slicing in half on the diagonal. Cut the thick end crosswise into two thinner medallions. Set the medallions in a single layer onto a piece of wax paper; cover with another piece of wax paper. Pound gently to even out the thickness of the medallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg and mustard. In a second shallow dish, place the bread crumbs. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs to coat.
- Cook in skillet in batches, about 3 minutes on each side. Wipe out skillet between batches. Add additional olive oil, by the tablespoon, as needed. Set chicken onto a parchment-lined baking sheet as it is cooked. Set aside.
- When all the medallions are cooked, reheat them on the sheet pan in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes. Chicken is cooked when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 155F.
- Serve warm.
- Dairy Free