- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nonpareil capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1(15 oz.) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7 oz.) can of chunk light or solid white albacore tuna in water, drained and broken into small pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, washed, dried and quartered
- 1 cup English or Persian cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 large pita bread, cut in half and opened into a pocket
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, capers, shallot, salt and pepper and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss chickpeas, tuna, tomatoes, cucumber , feta and dill together in a large bowl.
- Whisk oil into the lemon juice mixture until fully incorporated. Spoon about 4 tablespoons of the dressing into the chickpea mixture; toss to coat.
- Add spinach to the remaining dressing in the medium bowl; toss to coat. Divide chickpea/tuna mixture evenly inside the 4 pita pockets and add spinach to each pocket until full. Serve immediately.
- Plant-Based Protein