- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup smooth or crunchy almond butter, or your favorite nut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour (To make your own quinoa flour: Grind whole grains of quinoa into a powder in a clean coffee grinder.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- *Meets GI guidelines.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing for a slight overhang on opposite ends. Coat with cooking spray.
- Beat butter and nut butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk quinoa flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, dried cherries and pecans. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it, about 45 min. Do not overbake. Let cool in pan for 30 min. Using the parchment, lift the whole panful out and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
- Does not meet MHealthy guidelines.
- Plant-Based Protein
- Gluten Free