Welcome to the University of Michigan Hospital and Health Centers. U-M Occupational Health Services (U-M OHS) is the provider of occupational health services for employees of the U-M Health System and Ann Arbor Campus.
In order to facilitate the provision of care, we are pleased to offer you this on-line manual for your reference and use for annual surveillance, body substance exposures, and work related injuries/illnesses. All new employees should be seen in the U-M Occupational Health Services in order to complete their health assessment. In the rare occurrence that this is not possible, guidelines for employee screening and immunizations are included in this on-line manual.
This manual will explain our procedures and outline how to process routine and episodic events at your site. The information and examples of necessary forms are provided for you.
In order to better assist you, we ask that you please complete the Employee List form and send it to U-M Occupational Health Services as soon as possible. This form is important for U-M OHS to maintain accurate records about your site and your current employees.
If at any time you have questions regarding procedures in this manual or if you have any other concerns, please call U-M Occupational Health Services for assistance (734) 764-8021.
- Respirator clearance questionnaire LONG form (for people who have never completed it or completed prior to 2004)
- Respirator clearance questionnaire SHORT form (for people who have completed long form after 2004 but more than one year ago from current date)
- U-M Occupational Health Services General Information
- New employee processing
- New employee registration form (pdf)
- Activity Sheet (pdf)
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccination
- Immunization consent form
- Microbiology/Virology lab requisition (pdf)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDAP) Vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Hepatitis B consent/declination form
- Ligand Assay lab requisition (pdf)
- Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine
- Chicken pox exposure
- Influenza vaccine - general information
- Influenza vaccine
- Influenza information for healthcare workers
- Standard Tuberculosis skin testing protocol
- Tuberculosis screening protocols using QFT (QuantiFERON-GOLD)
- Annual TB testing program
- TB documentation form (complete and submit on-line)
- Evaluation of healthcare worker with positive PPD
- TB exposure
- Body substance exposures
- Hazardous drugs: A Guide for Healthcare Workers
- TB respirator medical program
- Work-related injury or illness