The Occupational Health Service offers the seasonal Influenza vaccine to UMHS employees, U of M Health sciences students, Manpower, Aramark, travel nurses and volunteers. We strongly encourage everyone to protect themselves against influenza.
Please note: People who would like to receive an influenza vaccine at ANY location must present a current University of Michigan Health System ID badge AND their MRN (medical record number). If you do not have an MRN or do not know your MRN, call Patient Registration at 734-936-4990 to obtain it.
The flu shot is given in the muscle of the upper arm, so please remember to wear appropriate clothing.
2016 UMHS Flu Fair
- F6663 UH South (Old Mott) 6th floor
- Sep. 26 - Oct. 1 - 5:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Oct. 2 - Oct. 7 - 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
2016 Off-site Clinics:
- Wed., Sept. 21, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Michigan House Dining Room
- Tues., Oct. 11, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., NIB 4C07
- Thurs., Oct.13, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., NCRC B001E/B0013
- Wed., Oct.19, 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., KMS Conf Rm 5
- Thurs., Oct.20, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., NCAC
- Mon., Oct. 24, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., BSRB Rm 2515
- Tues., Oct. 25, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Rachel Upjohn Garden Level Conf Rm
The spread of influenza can be minimized by adhering to good respiratory hygiene which includes:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Clean your hands often, especially after coughing or sneezing. Wash with soap and water if available or clean with alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Visit the Infection Control website for tips on avoiding spreading illness