The Health Alliance Plan HMO offers low out-of-pocket costs within a defined network of doctors and hospitals for residents of Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, Washtenaw, and Wayne counties.
Summary of Benefits
- No annual deductible
- No out-of-pocket cost to you for preventive care
- $25 copay for office visit for injury or illness
- $30 copay for specialist visit
- $25 copay for urgent care
- $100 copay for emergency care (waived if admitted)
- $25 copay for mental health, behavioral health or substance abuse services
- No out-of-pocket cost to you for inpatient services
- No out-of-pocket cost to you for outpatient surgery
- $3,000 individual/$6,000 family out-of-pocket maximum
For complete information on benefits and coverage, please refer to the plan documents.
Using the Plan
Members must choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP) from the HAP network. In order to visit a specialist, you will need a referral from your PCP. Services received outside of the network are not covered, except in the event of emergency (refer to plan documents for details).
Health Alliance Plan (HAP) does not cover in vitro fertilization treatments. U-M’s self-insured medical plans (excludes HAP) will cover IVF treatments for women through age 42 who are diagnosed with infertility.If you are currently enrolled in HAP and wish to be eligible for IVF coverage in the future, you should consider enrolling in another U-M plan during the next Open Enrollment for coverage the following calendar year. Blue Cross Blue Shield Community Blue PPO, U-M Premier Care, BCBS Comprehensive Major Medical and GradCare offer IVF coverage.
Plan Documents & Forms
- Health Alliance Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Health Alliance Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage - MNA
- Health Alliance Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage - Trades
- Health Alliance Plan Certificate of Coverage
- Health Alliance Plan Riders
- Find a Participating HAP Provider
Plan Contact Information
Health Alliance Plan
2850 West Grand Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48202
Group number: 1-0000736