Please read and follow all instructions thoroughly
MANDATORY - Please come to Occupational Health Services between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday for a New Employee Health Assessment. If you are not able to complete this prior to your start date, it must be completed during the first week of your employment.
OHS will be closed the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 12:00 – 1:00 pm and all hospital observed holidays.
If you work for the Medical School, please call 764-8021 to see if you need to complete a New Employee Health Assessment.
At the visit, your immunization status and other relevant health information will be screened. You will have a tuberculosis screening; your vision may be tested (color vision screening); and you will be assessed to see if you need to be fitted with a mask for use with respiratory isolation patients.
The health assessment is individualized to the specific occupational needs of your position.
- Prior to your visit, please call patient registration to obtain your medical record number (MRN), PLEASE BRING THIS NUMBER WITH YOU TO YOUR VISIT. The phone number is 734-936-4990 or toll free 866-452-9896.
- Please bring your new employee welcome letter and employee ID number.
- It is very important for you to bring your immunization records to OHS. Immunization records can usually be obtained through your primary care physician. If you have previously worked in healthcare, you may be able to obtain these records from your employer. Hospital infection control policy mandates that employees document proof of immunity to certain communicable diseases. If you do not provide records at your visit, blood will be drawn to test for immunity or you will be vaccinated to meet the requirements of your employment. You will not be eligible to work until these requirements have been met.
What records to bring:
- Varicella (chicken pox) – documentation of 2 doses of the vaccine or lab documented proof of immunity
- Influenza – proof of vaccination from current season
- Mumps, Measles & Rubella – documentation of 2 doses of the vaccine or lab documented proof of immunity
- Pertussis – Documentation of Tdap vaccine
- Hepatitis B (for jobs prone to exposure to blood) – documentation of vaccine series (3 shots) or lab documented proof of immunity
- Proof of previous Tb skin or blood test within the last year
How do I get to Occupational Health Services?
Occupational Health Services
C301 Med Inn Building
University of Michigan Hospitals
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0838
You will park in Visitor Parking structure P2/P3 – NOTE: You must enter at P2 Entrance only
Please call the OHS Clinic at 734-764-8021 with any questions.
OHS will be closed the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 12:00 – 1:00 pm and all hospital observed holidays.