Get your flu shot from Michigan Medicine!
The Occupational Health Service offers the seasonal Influenza vaccine to Michigan Medicine employees, U-M Health Sciences students, Manpower, Aramark, travel nurses and volunteers. We strongly encourage everyone to protect themselves against influenza.
Please note: People who would like to receive an influenza vaccine at ANY location must present a current University of Michigan Health System ID badge AND their MRN (medical record number). If you do not have an MRN or do not know your MRN, call Patient Registration at 734-936-4990 to obtain it.
The flu shot is given in the muscle of the upper arm, so please remember to wear appropriate clothing.
2019 OHS Flu Clinic Scheule:
- Sept. 23, 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Michigan House, 2301 Commonwealth Blvd.
- Sept. 25, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Towsley Lobby, University Hospital
- Sept. 27, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Towsley Lobby, University Hospital
- Sept. 30, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., North Ingalls Building - 4th floor, 300 N. Ingalls St.
- Oct. 2, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Dining Rooms A & B, University Hospital
- Oct. 3, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Rachel Upjohn Building Garden Level Conf. Room, 4250 Plymouth Rd.
- Oct. 8, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., North Campus Research Complex (NCRC) Building 10 South Atrium, 2800 Plymouth Rd.
- Oct. 11, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., North Campus Admin. Complex (NCAC) Conf. Room 1201C, 2901 Hubbard Rd.
- Oct. 12, 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Occupational Health Service Clinic, 3rd floor, Med Inn Building
- Oct. 14, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Taubman Health Sciences Library Room 2903, 1135 E. Catherine St.
- Oct. 16, 9 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Biomedical Science Research Building (BSRB) Room 5515, 109 Zina Pitcher Pl.
- Oct. 18, 8:00 a.m. - 3 p.m., Medical Science Unit II (MSRB2) Room 2817, 1137 Catherine St.
- Oct. 19, 2:30 - 8:30 p.m., Occupational Health Service Clinic, 3rd floor, Med Inn Building
- Oct. 22, 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Danto Auditorium, Cardiovascular Center (CVC)
- Oct. 24, 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., KMS Conference Room 5, 3621 S. State Street
- Oct. 25, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Arbor Lakes North Dome, 4251 Plymouth Rd.
- Oct. 29, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., KMS Conference Room 5, 3621 S. State Street
- Oct. 30, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Biomedical Science Research Building (BSRB) Room 3515, 109 Zina Pitcher Pl.
- Nov. 5, 3:00 - 8:00 p.m., Dining Rooms C & D, University Hospital, 2nd floor
- Nov. 11, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., North Campus Research Complex (NCRC) Building 18, Room 122, 2800 Plymouth Rd.
- Nov. 25, 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Towsley Lobby, University Hospital
Extended Hours at OHS for Flu Clinic
Occupational Health Service, 3rd floor Med Inn Building
- Oct. 7, 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Oct. 15, 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 26, 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 27, 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The spread of influenza can be minimized by adhering to good respiratory hygiene which includes:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Clean your hands often, especially after coughing or sneezing. Wash with soap and water if available or clean with alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Visit the Infection Control website for tips on avoiding spreading illness