Join us on Friday, September 20, 2019, as MHealthy again takes over the Big House! Come celebrate community and U-M's commitment to well-being in a place that is uniquely Michigan.
Meet on the field for sessions of strength training, Zumba, yoga and football skills and drills (no equipment needed). Then take part in health and well-being focused activities on the concourse. See photos from last year’s event.
Date: Friday, September 20, 2019
Time: 3 – 7 p.m.
Location: Michigan Stadium (enter at Gate 1)
Cost: This event is FREE.
NEW – Donations to Food Gatherers: This year, we are accepting donations to Food Gatherers. If you would like to contribute, please bring one non-perishable food item with you.
Who can attend: Open to University of Michigan faculty and staff. All levels and abilities are welcome – beginners to advanced, and those with limited mobility. Additional MHealthy instructors will be on the field to help participants with modifications as needed.
If you need any kind of accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email email@example.com.
On the Field:
Registration opens August 5 – Last year, our Big House event reached capacity so we encourage you to register early!
Session start times (please register for no more than two on-field sessions):
- 3 p.m.: Football Drills and Thrills - Register for Football Drills and Thrills
- 4 p.m.: Yoga - Register for Yoga
- 5 p.m.: Zumba - Register for Zumba
- 6 p.m.: Strength Training - Register for Strength Training
All on-field sessions last approximately 45 minutes and include a five-minute cool down.
What to bring: For the best experience, please bring:
- your U-M employee ID
- event ticket
- mat or towel
- water bottle (this is a zero waste event; please bring your own water bottle)
- Food Gatherers will also be onsite if you would like to donate a non-perishable food item
On the Concourse:
Plenty of excitement and activity will be happening on the concourse! Activities on the concourse are open to everyone; visit the concourse even if you did not sign up for an on-field session!
- sample healthy snacks
- talk with health and financial well-being experts
- visit the farmers market
- find your center with 15 minute sessions of Tai Chi, meditation or Cardio Drumming
- enter a drawing to win prizes
Onsite M Farmers Market: Buy affordable farm-fresh fruits and vegetables (cash and credit cards accepted). The market at the Big House is expected to have apples, peaches, plums, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, fall squash, beets, pumpkins, gords, honey and oatmeal for sale.
Parking and Transportation:
- With road construction happening in the area, carpool or bus transportation is strongly encouraged. Parking near the Big House is limited. For bus route information, visit the Parking & Transportation Services website (Magic Bus will give you real-time bus arrival data).
- Yellow and orange permit parking lots are also nearby, however spaces are limited.
- UM-Dearborn faculty and staff: Bus transportation to and from the event will be available. Look for more information soon!
Thank you to the University of Michigan Credit Union for sponsoring this event.