Who Can Participate:
All at the university – faculty, staff, and students – and every fitness level are encouraged to join. U-M retirees and spouses/other qualified adults (OQA) of U-M faculty and staff can also participate! Please note, you must register by the end of the day on January 25 to join a team.
How It Works:
- Register for Active U January 12, 2021 – February 1, 2021.
- Once registered:
- Complete the Active U pre-survey (required) which includes questions about your current physical activity habits (this will help set your weekly exercise goal).
- Create or join a team (or remain an individual participant). The deadline to join a team is January 25
- Explore the Active U tracker, sync your wearable activity tracker or mobile app, and more!
- Starting January 25, begin tracking your physical activity minutes in the Active U tracker. Use your computer, mobile device, or your wearable activity tracker.
- Keep moving each week (through April 18) to achieve your personal weekly exercise minutes goal.
- Every Tuesday, look for weekly emails full of health and exercise tips and motivation to keep moving!
How to Successfully Complete Active U
To successfully complete Active U, you must:
- Answer the Active U pre-survey questions by February 1.
- Reach your personal weekly minutes goal. Included in this is logging at least 30 minutes per day, at least 3 days per week. The minimum weekly goal allowed in the program is 120 minutes.
- Log successfully (see #2) at least 8 out of the 12 Active U weeks.
- Answer the post-program questions (available March 15 – May 2).
Questions? Call MHealthy at (734) 647-7888 or email email@example.com.