To participate in Active U Autumn, you must be a current University of Michigan faculty or staff member, student, a U-M retiree, or the spouse, friend or Other Qualified Adult of a U-M employee. You may participate on your own, or you may join/form a team.
Logging activity minutes:
Once registered, you will be asked to log your physical activity minutes for an eight-week period, Sept. 17 – Nov. 11, 2019. It is recommended that you log your minutes on a weekly basis, but you are welcome to log more frequently. Please note that a week in the tracker runs Tuesday through Monday.
Grace Period Changes for 2019:
You will have a 14-day grace period to log your activity minutes. The last day to log any minutes for the program is Nov. 11, 2019 – the last day of the program. The is a two week grace period to log past minutes, but no minutes may be logged for any day after November 11. Please note that a week in the tracker runs Tuesday through Monday.
Activity that "counts:”
Activity that "counts" is any moderate or vigorous activity that is performed for a minimum of 10 continuous minutes.
- Moderate intensity aerobic activity means working hard enough to raise your heart rate while still being able to carry on a conversation. Examples are a brisk walk, cycling at moderate speeds, mopping, or light manual yard work.
- Vigorous intensity aerobic activity causes rapid breathing and a substantial increase in heart rate. Examples include jogging, heavy manual yard work, or aerobic fitness classes like Zumba or spinning.
Completing Active U Autumn:
To successfully complete Active U Autumn, you must:
- Answer the Active U Autumn pre-survey questions (available when registration opens on August 6, 2019)
- Achieve your weekly activity goal minutes by exercising at least 30 minutes a day, at least three days per week.
- Achieve your weekly activity goal at least 6 out of the 8 Active U Autumn weeks.
- Answer the program questions which come out in week 6.
More information on Active U Autumn completion requirements can be found in Frequently Asked Questions