Start a Team
Want to participate in Active U Autumn with some of your co-workers, classmates or U-M friends?
- Decide on a team captain (here's more information on being a team captain). Your team captain will need to register first, then select "Active U Autumn Team Challenge" from the main section of the Active U Autumn dashboard.
- Decide on a team name.
- Choose a division.
- You can also come up with a team slogan and icon. Select "Create a Team."
- Invite your U-M friends and colleagues to join your team by emailing them. Here's a sample email. Invitees MUST register for Active U Autumn and join your team by end of day September 16.
There's no maximum to the number of people on a team; however, you must have a minimum of two team members (including the team captain).
Join an Existing Team
Want to join an existing Active U Autumn team?
- Register for Active U Autumn.
- Select "Active U Autumn Team Challenge" from the main section of the Active U Autumn dashboard.
- To find a specific team, input the team name or captain's name under the "Find a Team" section.
- Or you can select a team from the list of teams. Click on the "Join or Create a Team" button on the Active U Autumn Tracker and select a team to join.
- Your request will be emailed to the team captain who must accept your request by end of day September 16 in order for you to be on the team.
Interested on stepping up your level of activity on your own? Simply sign up for Active U Autumn and complete the pre-survey.