- What is Active U Autumn?
- Active U Autumn is a FREE eight-week physical activity challenge that is designed for every fitness and activity level. Join as an individual or become part of a team. By tracking your physical activity minutes in the online Active U Autumn Tracker every week, you can become more active and even learn healthier exercise tips!
- Who can participate in Active U Autumn?
- All University of Michigan faculty, staff, retirees, alumni, graduate and undergraduate students, and employees' spouses and Other Qualified Adults (OQA) are eligible to participate in Active U Autumn.
- What is an OQA:
- Please visit the University Benefits office page.
- How do I register for Active U Autumn?
Beginning September 6, 2022, go to the MHealthy Portal, powered by Asset Health to complete the pre-survey and register for Active U Autumn. For the best experience, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the MHealthy Portal.
If this will be your first time on the new MHealthy Portal, you may need to do a first-time login process before registering for Active U Autumn. How you log into the portal will depend on your affiliation with the university.
|U-M Affiliation||How to access the MHealthy Portal|
|Faculty/Staff (Benefits-Eligible)||Log in using your U-M uniqname and UMICH Level-1 password.|
|Spouse/Other Qualified Adult (Enrolled in U-M Health Plan)||
|Faculty/Staff (Non-Benefits Eligible),
Spouse/Other Qualified Adult (Not Enrolled in a U-M Health Plan),
Temporary Staff, Retirees, Alumni and Students
Once logged in, go to the “Active U Autumn Challenge” tile and select Get Started. Make sure to complete both the Active U Autumn Pre-Survey and the Active U Autumn Registration.
Also, please note these important dates:
- You can join a team through October 3, 2022.
- Begin tracking your physical activity minutes starting Sept. 19, 2022.
- Is the Active U Autumn pre-survey required?
- Yes, the pre-survey must be completed.
- Do I have to join a team?
- No, some people prefer to participate in Active U Autumn on their own.
Logging Activity Minutes
- How do I log my physical activity minutes?
- You can log your physical activity minutes manually or by syncing your tracking device or mobile app with the Active U Autumn tracker on the MHealthy Portal, powered by Asset Health. Enter activity up to the last 14 days. Please note: For the best experience, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the MHealthy Portal.
- How do I sync my device or app to the Active U Autumn program?
View this document for information on how to sync your fitness device. Note: Your activity minutes won't show up until September 19.
- What fitness trackers can I sync to Active U Autumn ?
- View this list of activity tracking devices and apps that are compatible with the new Active U tracker on the MHealthy Portal, powered by Asset Health.
- How do I change my weekly goal?
- To change your weekly goal, click in the goals section of your Active U Autumn program. You may increase your goal in increments of 10 minutes, and after you save it, your goal begins the following week of the program.
- Where can I go to see my progress toward reaching my program goals?
There are two locations on the Active U Autumn tracker where you can see weekly goal completion. On the logging page near the bottom, you will see your logged minutes for that week. Also, on your virtual badge page, you will be able to see virtual awards given for every week you have completed successfully.
As a reminder, your program goals include:
Exercising at least 30 minutes a day, at least four days per week. The minimum weekly goal allowed in the program is 150 minutes. Achieving your weekly activity goal at least 6 out of the 8 Active U Autumn weeks. Answering the program survey questions (available starting October 26).
- How do I start a team?
- Once registered, you will be taken to a page that asks whether you want to create a team, join an existing team you know, join as an individual, or be placed on a team. Select the box that indicates how you want to participate.
- Are there divisions this year?
- This year of Active U Autumn does not include divisions.
- If I am a team captain, how do I invite team members?
- Once you have created your team, scroll down and you will see an area called "Want To Invite A New Member?.” You can write and send an email to anyone whom you are inviting to join your team. Please make sure to write full email addresses in the address box (not just uniqnames). Note: The deadline for team members to join is October 3, 2022.
- What does it take to be a team captain?
As a team captain, you serve as a motivator for team members. You can organize team activities and/or send motivational emails; anything to help get your team moving.
Team captains also remind team members to log their physical activity minutes throughout the program. Logging minutes is very important as it is the way team standings are determined throughout the program and at the end of the 8 weeks. Learn more about being a team captain.
- Can I name co-captain(s)?
- No, there are no co-captains in Active U Autumn 2022
- Can my teammates see my information?
- Your teammates cannot see the minutes you have logged.
- How are team standings calculated?
We calculate the % of goal met for each person. This includes not only time but number of times logging. This is capped at 100%, (so if you log 5 times and a total of 1,000 minutes, and your goal is 150 minutes over at least 4 days a week, you would have 100%).
Then we average the goals for the week for everyone on the team, then we average that over all weeks in the program that are active.
- How do I see who is on my team?
- To see your teammates, log into the MHealthy Portal and select “Active U Autumn Registration” within the Active U Autumn Challenge box. This will take you to the Active U Autumn page. Near the bottom of the registration page, you will see the names of your team's members. Team captains are always the first person listed on the team list. Once logging begins, you can also go to the team Info section of the logging area to see your team members as well.