Thank you to everyone who got moving in the 14 th year of Active U! Our 2019 program has ended but the memories (and benefits to your body!) can last a lifetime. Check out some photos from this year’s program.
Who Can Participate:
ALL at the university – faculty, staff, and students – and every fitness level are encouraged to join. U-M retirees and spouses/other qualified adults (OQA) of U-M faculty and staff can also participate! Please note, you must register by January 7 to participate in the program.
How It Works:
- Register for Active U December 11, 2018 – January 7, 2019.
- Once registered:
- Complete the Active U pre-survey (required) which includes questions about your current physical activity habits (this will help set your weekly exercise goal).
- Create or join a team (or remain an individual participant). The deadline to join a team is January 7.
- Explore the Active U tracker, sync your wearable activity tracker or mobile app, and more!
- Starting January 8, begin tracking your physical activity minutes in the Active U tracker. Use your computer, mobile device, or your wearable activity tracker.
- Keep moving each week (through April 1) to achieve your personal weekly exercise minutes goal. NEW for 2019 – the minimum weekly goal allowed in the program is now 120 minutes.
- Every Tuesday, look for weekly emails full of health and exercise tips and motivation to keep moving!
How to Successfully Complete Active U
To successfully complete Active U (and qualify for a 2019 T-shirt) you must:
- Answer the Active U pre-survey questions by January 18.
- Reach your personal weekly minutes goal. Included in this is logging at least 30 minutes per day, at least 3 days per week. NEW for 2019, the minimum weekly goal allowed in the program is now 120 minutes.
- Log successfully (see #2) at least 8 out of the 12 Active U weeks.
- Answer the post-program questions (available March 13 – April 15).
Questions? Call MHealthy at (734) 647-7888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.