While there are some things we can’t control, one thing you can do is take care of yourself. That’s where Active U, MHealthy’s free 12-week physical activity challenge, can help! Join thousands of your colleagues virtually for motivation and support to get (and stay) active.
Do it for your well-being, do it for you!
Move your way to well-being with Active U. This challenge is designed for every fitness and activity level and encourages you to get moving at least 120 minutes per week. Join a team with your U-M friends and colleagues or go it on your own – you decide what works best for you.
What to look forward to in Active U 2021:
- Easier, more user-friendly tracking on the new MHealthy Portal, powered by Asset Health
- Sync to more wearables, watches and apps
- Earn digital swag like Zoom backgrounds
Who Can Participate:
All at the university – faculty, staff, and students – and every fitness level are encouraged to join. U-M retirees and spouses/other qualified adults (OQA) of U-M faculty and staff can also participate!
How to Access the MHealthy Portal:
If this will be your first time on the new MHealthy Portal, you may need to do a first-time login process before registering for Active U. How you log into the portal will depend on your affiliation with the university.
|U-M Affiliation||How to access the MHealthy Portal|
|Faculty/Staff (Benefits-Eligible)||Log in using your U-M uniqname and UMICH Level-1 password.|
|Spouse/Other Qualified Adult (Enrolled in U-M Health Plan)||
|Faculty/Staff (Non-Benefits Eligible),
Spouse/Other Qualified Adult (Not Enrolled in a U-M Health Plan),
Temporary Staff, Retirees, Alumni and Students
How Active U Works:
Decide whether to participate as an individual, create a team or join an existing team.
Planning to be a Team Captain? Reach out to your teammates early so you’re ready to go when tracking starts January 25! The deadline to create/join a team is February 1, 2021.
Starting January 25, begin tracking your physical activity minutes in the Active U tracker. Use your computer, mobile device, or sync your wearable activity tracker.
Keep moving each week (through April 18) to achieve your personal weekly exercise minutes goal.
- Every Tuesday, look for an email full of health and exercise tips and motivation to help keep you moving!
How to Successfully Complete Active U
Once you've registered for Active U, to successfully complete the program you must:
- Reach your personal weekly minutes goal. Included in this is logging at least 30 minutes per day, at least 3 days per week. The minimum weekly goal allowed in the program is 120 minutes.
- Log successfully (see #2) at least 8 out of the 12 Active U weeks.
- Answer the post-program questions (available March 15 – May 2).
Questions? Call MHealthy at (734) 647-7888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.