Active U is back for 2022! MHealthy’s free 12-week physical activity challenge is your opportunity to move in a positive direction and find your way to well-being. Join thousands of your colleagues virtually for motivation and support to get (and stay) active.
Active U is designed for every fitness and activity level and encourages you to get moving at least 120 minutes per week. Join a team with your U-M friends and colleagues or go it on your own – you decide what works best for you.
What to look forward to in Active U 2022:
- Easier, user-friendly tracking on the MHealthy Portal, powered by Asset Health
- Sync to your wearable device and select apps
- Weekly emails full of encouragement, physical activity tips and more
- Access to MHealthy’s new exercise video library, featuring more than 50 videos.
Who Can Participate:
All at the university – faculty, staff, and students – and every fitness level are encouraged to join. U-M retirees and spouses/other qualified adults (OQA) of U-M faculty and staff can also participate!
How Active U Works:
- Register for Active U January 10, 2021 – February 7, 2022.
- Decide whether to participate as an individual, create a team or join an existing team.
Planning to be a Team Captain? Reach out to your teammates early so you’re ready to go when tracking starts January 24! The deadline to create/join a team is February 7, 2022.
- Starting January 24, begin tracking your physical activity minutes in the Active U tracker. Use your computer, mobile device, or sync your wearable activity tracker.
- Keep moving each week (through April 17) to achieve your personal weekly exercise minutes goal.
- Every Tuesday, look for an email full of health and exercise tips and motivation to help keep you moving!
How to Successfully Complete Active U
Once you've registered for Active U, to successfully complete the program you must:
- Reach your personal weekly minutes goal. Included in this is logging at least 30 minutes per day, at least 3 days per week. The minimum weekly goal allowed in the program is 120 minutes.
- Log successfully (see #2) at least 8 out of the 12 Active U weeks.
- Answer the post-program questions (available March 16 – May 1).
Questions? Call MHealthy at (734) 647-7888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access the MHealthy Portal:
If this will be your first time on the new MHealthy Portal, you may need to do a first-time login process before registering for Active U. For the best experience, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the MHealthy Portal.
How you log into the portal will depend on your affiliation with the university.
|U-M Affiliation||How to access the MHealthy Portal|
|Faculty/Staff (Benefits-Eligible)||Log in using your U-M uniqname and UMICH Level-1 password.|
|Spouse/Other Qualified Adult (Enrolled in U-M Health Plan)||
|Faculty/Staff (Non-Benefits Eligible),
Spouse/Other Qualified Adult (Not Enrolled in a U-M Health Plan),
Temporary Staff, Retirees, Alumni and Students
- Newly hired benefits-eligible faculty and staff will gain access to the MHealthy Portal approximately 10 business days after they have elected their e-benefits online. Their U-M benefits-enrolled spouse/other qualified adult will also gain access at this time.
- If at any time an employee’s employment changes with the university, this may impact their ability and their spouse/OQA’s ability to access the MHealthy Portal and the Active U program.
If you have any questions on eligibility, please contact U-M Shared Services Center at 734-615-2000.