- General Questions
- Rewards-Eligible Health and Well-being Activities
- Monetary Reward
- Fitness Center Membership Reimbursement
- Other Questions
- What is MHealthy Rewards?
- MHealthy Rewards is an annual incentive program which is free, voluntary and confidential. Rewards encourages benefits-eligible faculty and staff to participate in health and well-being programs and rewards them with an incentive.
- How do I participate in MHealthy Rewards 2018?
For eligible employees, MHealthy Rewards 2018 includes two steps:
Step 1: Register for Rewards by completing the 2018 StayWell health questionnaire. Those who register by April 20, 2018, will qualify for a fitness center membership reimbursement. Overall registration for Rewards 2018 will close on July 10, 2018.
Step 2: Earn points by completing eligible healthy activities. Earn at least 100 points to earn $100.
- Starting Jan. 11, log into the StayWell Portal to get started with MHealthy Rewards.
- Why is the university offering MHealthy Rewards?
- MHealthy Rewards helps eligible participants learn about their health and then take steps to improve or maintain it. The university is committed to creating and encouraging a culture of health among its faculty and staff. By creating a community of health at U-M, we can make our community a place where healthy living is welcomed and supported.
- Who can participate in MHealthy Rewards?
Qualifying benefits-eligible faculty and staff can participate in MHealthy Rewards.
Retirees, spouses and other qualified adults, dependents, and temp staff are not eligible for Rewards.
To see if you are eligible, please call the SSC HR Contact Center at (734) 615-2000.
Please note: If at any time the eligible employee's benefit status changes (leave of absence, appointment change, etc.), the employee's eligibility to participate, and/or receive reimbursements may also change.
Rewards-Eligible Health and Well-Being Activities
- What are the eligible health and well-being activities for MHealthy Rewards 2018?
To view the entire list of Rewards-eligible activities, their point values, and completion criteria, log into the StayWell Portal. Once logged into the Portal, select the "Points Tracker" tab.
- What is the deadline to complete an activity in 2018?
- All eligible activities must be completed by Friday, October 19, 2018. To ensure you receive your incentive, please visit the StayWell Portal before then to make sure your completed activity(ies) are updated and reflected as complete. For assistance, please contact MHealthy at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your U-M ID and the activity you completed.
- How does MHealthy know I am participating in an eligible activity?
- Some Rewards-eligible activities require you to track you own activity and then complete an online form (Ready to Lose, MHealthy Exercise and Relaxation Classes, Weight Watchers, etc.). Other programs, like Active U and the StayWell programs, will monitor whether you completed the program and reflect that completion after the program has concluded. Each activity is different and some have changed from last year. Please review the StayWell Portal for all of the details or contact MHealthy. Please note: MHealthy Rewards 2018 ends on October 19, 2018. To ensure you receive your incentive, please visit the StayWell Portal before then to make sure your completed activity(ies) are updated and reflected as complete.
- If you have questions on your specific activity, or to access the online forms , please go to the StayWell Portal and look for your specific activity under the “Points Tracker” tab. If you have additional questions, please contact MHealthy.
- How can I tell if I completed an activity?
- To see if you completed an eligible activity, log into the StayWell Portal and click on Points Tracker to see if your activity is marked as complete.
- Can I do more than one activity at a time?
- Yes, you can participate in as many eligible activities as you like at the same time.
- Can I complete the same activity more than one time and still earn points?
- No, you can only earn points the first time you complete an activity. For example, if you take an MHealthy Exercise & Relaxation Class during the winter session, then take another during the spring/summer session, you will only earn points for one completed session. The same is true if you attend more than one Weight Watchers session in a year; you will only earn points the first time you submit and complete this activity.
- Is Active U part of MHealthy Rewards 2018?
- Yes, Active U 2018 is a Rewards-eligible activity and is worth 50 points. To participate in Active U, you must sign up by 5 p.m., February 5. In addition, within the program end survey, you must agree to MHealthy sending your completion information to StayWell.
- I am working on a health behavior using an activity of my own. Does this qualify?
- Yes, if you are working on a health behavior on your own, you can participate in the Your Choice Program, which allows you to receive points for an activity you are doing. To learn more, log into the StayWell Portal, select the "Points Tracker" tab. Move down this page and below "Other Activities" is where the Your Choice Program is located.
- Do I need to have my cholesterol and blood pressure measurements for the MHealthy Rewards 2018 program?
- No, in 2018, MHealthy Rewards does not include biometric values like blood pressure or cholesterol.
- How do I access the online 2018 health questionnaire?
To access the health questionnaire, please log into the StayWell Portal using your U-M unique name and Kerberos/Level 1 password.
You can also download the StayWell mobile app from the App Store or Google Play. Our company code is: BLUE
- What if I need assistance in completing the health questionnaire?
- For assistance with completing the health questionnaire, please call StayWell at (800) 543-6717, Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Is my information confidential?
Yes, information provided within the MHealthy Rewards program is treated as confidential. To protect your privacy, the University of Michigan has contracted with The StayWell Company, LLC, a national provider of health improvement services, to administer online programs, resources and the health questionnaire, and IncentFit to administer the Fitness Center Membership Reimbursement service.
Your personally identifiable health data will not be shared with your manager, nor will it be added to any UM faculty or staff files. In addition, your information will not affect insurance coverage or benefits nor will they be disclosed to your insurance company.
Monetary Reward and Reimbursements
- How and when will I receive my rewards and reimbursements?
- The $100 Rewards payment for completing healthy activities will be paid before taxes and will occur within your monthly or biweekly U-M paycheck.
- Fitness center membership reimbursement payments will be paid before taxes in your June U-M paycheck and/or December U-M paycheck.
- Where can I see my MHealthy Rewards payment?
- To see your MHealthy Rewards payment, please log into Wolverine Access to view your paycheck. Click on your most current paycheck and look for additional line items under the "Hours and Earnings" section entitled:
- "Rewards Payment” – Indicates your $100 payment for earning 100 points.
- “Fitness Center Reimbursement” – Indicates your reimbursement for every month you verified your fitness center membership. If you verify one month between January and October 2018, your payment will be $12. If you verify all ten months, then your payment will be $120.
- If the payment shows up in the YTD (year to date) column, then these payments have already been processed on a previous paycheck. If it is in the Current column, then your payment has occurred on the paycheck you are viewing.
- For additional assistance, please talk with your department payroll administrator or call the SSC HR Contact Center at (734) 615-2000 for additional assistance.
- What if I don't want to receive the monetary reward?
- If you do not want to receive the reward, we suggest that you donate the incentive to a charity of your choice. Visit Leaders and Best giving website.
Fitness Center Membership Reimbursement
To see all details for the Fitness Center Membership Reimbursement, please visit the Fitness Center Membership Reimbursement page.
- How can I qualify for a reimbursement for my fitness center membership?
- First, make sure to register for Rewards by completing the 2018 StayWell health questionnaire by April 20, 2018. Then, approximately two weeks after registering, you will receive a welcome email from IncentFit, the new U-M vendor that administers the fitness center membership reimbursement service. The welcome email will include information on how to log into the IncentFit website and download the mobile app to begin providing the required membership documentation.
- What type of fitness facility memberships are included?
- The following types of fitness facilities are eligible for reimbursement if you have a membership:
- Health Clubs and Gym Memberships
- Community Center Memberships
- Yoga Facility Memberships
- Pilates Facility Memberships
- Spinning Facility Memberships
- Barre Facility Memberships
- CrossFit Facility Memberships
- Do Family Memberships count?
- Faculty and staff who have a membership as a part of a Family membership can count this so long as they can provide documentation that shows them listed as one of the members on the family membership.
- I have an online membership (beachbody.com, Peloton, etc.) – does this count?
- No, online memberships do not count for the fitness center membership reimbursement.
- What if I have a free membership to a fitness facility?
- If you do not pay for a membership to a fitness facility, then you would not be eligible to be reimbursed, as you need to provide proof of payment, along with other documentation to IncentFit.
- Where can my fitness facility be located?
- Your fitness facility can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Do class packages to a facility count?
- No, purchases of class packages do not count within this membership reimbursement. For this to count, you would need to have a membership to a qualifying facility that enables you to attend an unlimited number of times, not just for a certain amount of classes.
- What is the deadline to submit documents?
- All documents must to be submitted through the IncentFit website or mobile app no later than October 31, 2018. No exceptions will be allowed.
- When and how will I receive my fitness center reimbursement?
- Reimbursements for your fitness center membership will be paid out in your U-M paycheck in June 2018 and December 2018. Please note: If at any time the eligible employee's benefit status changes (leave of absence, appointment change, etc.), the employee's eligibility to participate, and/or receive reimbursements may also change.
- What are the preferred browsers for the StayWell Portal?
StayWell supports the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
As it relates to Internet Explorer and Microsoft Operating System, StayWell supports the latest browser available on operating systems supported by Microsoft, which includes the following:
- Windows 7 SP1 with Internet Explorer 11
- Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11
- Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11