Yes. Form 1095 will be available electronically in Employee Self-Service > Benefits > ACA 1095 Self Service > ACA 1095 Consent in Wolverine Access or will be mailed to your current address on file with the university. Consent to receive an electronic copy is required no later than January 5, 2021.
Once you consent to receiving your 1095 electronically, your consent is valid for all subsequent years unless you choose to withdraw it. The university will not provide an electronic Form 1095 if you are no longer a U-M employee. These individuals will be mailed hard copies.
Can I Withdraw My Consent?
Keep in mind that you do not need to print Form 1095. You do not submit the form with your tax return. You may save the file electronically if it is convenient for you.
The deadline to withdraw consent to receive an electronic copy of your 2020 Form 1095 has expired. The university will mail your 1095 to your current address on file by January 31, 2021.
If you wish to withdraw consent to receive future Form 1095s electronically, beginning with the 2021 tax year, please contact the SSC Contact Center at 5-2000 (option 1) from the Ann Arbor campus, (734) 615-2000 (option 1) locally, or (866) 647-7657 (option 1) toll free, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Browser and Software Requirements
If you have trouble viewing your Form 1095 in Wolverine Access, review the browser and software requirements below. Wolverine Access self-service uses pop-up windows to display PDF files. You may need to disable popup blockers to view your Form 1095.
- Pop-up windows must be enabled to print the Form 1095. Generally, most pop-up blockers can be turned off either within the browser toolbar, or within the Windows Taskbar along the bottom right corner of your screen. For detailed instructions, refer to: How to Disable Popup Blockers.
- If you are using Safari, you may need to use Preview to print your form without cropping the right side. Right-click (or CTRL+click) on the form and select Open with Preview. Then select File > Print.
- You must have Adobe Reader version 7.0.5 or higher installed to be able to view and print your Form 1095. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. You may need to contact your system administrator to complete the installation.
- If you receive an Adobe PDF Document error message that indicates, "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running cannot be used to view PDF files in a web browser...," see the Adobe website for potential solutions and step-by-step instructions.
- Web Browser and Desktop Operating System Support