How to Enroll or Make a Change to Your 403(b) SRA

Make your 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) enrollments or changes on Self Service > Benefits through Wolverine Access.  View online enrollment and change deadlines by pay period.

  1. Go to Wolverine Access
  2. Enter 'Benefits' in the search bar
  3. Select the Benefits Self-Service tile
  4. Enter your uniqname and UMICH (Level-1) password; Two-factor (Duo) for Weblogin is required.
  5. Select the Initiate Ret Savings Elections tile
  6. Review the information on the Ret. Savings Plan Elections page then click the Continue button
  7. Select the TIAA SRA or Fidelity SRA card (if you want to open an SRA with both investment companies, repeat this step for the vendor you did not choose the first time) 
  8. Click the Select button next to the plan name (TIAA or Fidelity)
  9. Enter your per-paycheck contribution 
  10. Click the Done button in the upper right hand corner to save your selections
  11. Click the Finalize Elections button
  12. Click the Submit and View Stmt button 

You can select your investment funds and designate your beneficiaries by visiting the TIAA and/or Fidelity Investments websites for the U-M plans.


You need to designate your investment fund choices and beneficiaries separately for each type of plan in which you enroll.   Fund choices and beneficiary designations you have already made for one plan, such as the Basic Retirement Savings Plan, do not automatically carry over to the 457(b) or the 403(b) SRA (and vice versa).  You need to designate your beneficiary separately each time you enroll in a new type of plan.