Find Child Care

We are happy to help you get started in your search for child care. We’ve gathered several resources here, including the U-M Children’s Centers, local home-based programs, and access to a state-wide searchable database of all state-licensed child care programs. For Ann Arbor summer camp search information, see other care options.

Learn about the U-M Children’s Centers

The U-M Children’s Centers are university-affiliated, on-campus, weekday programs for young children in Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint. They are state-licensed, and emphasize early childhood education. U-M and community families are invited to learn more about our waitlist, and apply to our waitlist.

Consider Campus Child Care Homes

The Campus Child Care Homes are licensed, independent, home-based programs that serve U-M faculty, staff, and students who need weekday care in the Ann Arbor area. Their online profiles are updated frequently, and include current or upcoming openings, photos, and program information. 

Search the State of Michigan child care database

View listings of all licensed child care centers and homes on the Great Start to Quality database. Click on the green Find Child Care or Preschool button, and, you can choose to Login (search) as a Guest. Please note: while basic information is regularly updated by the State, you will need to contact individual center and home programs of your choice to inquire about tuition rates, possible openings, etc. To make the best use of this site, see the PDF “A Parent's Guide to Early Learning and Care in Michigan.”

Find a U-M Family Helper

For occasional or short-term child care needs in your family's home, browse the U-M Family Helpers profiles. 

Register for Kids Kare at Home 

For occasional, sick child or backup child care in your home when you must be at work or on campus, see Kids Kare at Home.

Explore other helpful resources

Learn about Financial Assistance for Child Care, types of child care and how to choose a program, and resources for other care options such as full-time nannies or au pairs, and summer camps.

For more information, or if you have questions, please email us or call (734) 763-9379. 

Disclaimer: The U-M Work-Life Resource Center offers child care resource information only. Information is subject to change. Neither the U-M nor its subcontractors warrant any information concerning any child care provider, nor do they inspect, investigate, endorse, recommend, or choose any particular provider. The inclusion of any care provider’s name does not constitute endorsement or certification by the U-M, WLRC or its subcontractors as to their qualifications to provide child care, the rates charged for services or any other aspect of individual program’s quality of care. Any complaints and problems should be directed to the caregiver and/or the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. The Work-Life Resource Center does not endorse or represent any resources listed as recommended by the University of Michigan.