According to the AARP, the COVID-19 pandemic will have lasting effects on American workers, especially if you're approaching retirement. In fact, one in four U.S. workers sped up their retirement timetables because of the pandemic.
Whether you’re close to retiring or just a few years into your career, regular visits with reps from Fidelity Investments and TIAA can benefit you. These companies are
U-M’s longtime partners for its Basic Retirement Plan.
Three Reasons Why
Why set aside some time to speak with a Fidelity and/or TIAA rep? During an hour-long discussion, you can:
- Boost your confidence. You’ll learn how to track your investments and feel more secure in making decisions.
- Create a plan. By talking through your financial needs for retirement, you can make a concrete plan – and get it done.
- Get your financial grip – at no cost. When you invest through U-M’s retirement savings plans, your one-on-one check-ins are free of charge.
How to Schedule a Check-in…
Your appointment can be virtual or by phone to fit your schedule. Face-to-face consultations will resume when public health conditions allow.
- Visit Fidelity's scheduling page or call (800) 642-7131, weekdays from 8 a.m. to midnight
- Visit tiaa.org/schedulenow or call (800) 732-8353, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
… And Gain More Knowledge
Fidelity and TIAA offer additional expertise each month through webinars. There’s no cost, but follow the links below to register.
Each Tuesday: Aug. 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 – 2 p.m.
Fidelity Viewpoints: Market Sense
Wednesday, Aug. 11 – 1 p.m.
Women Talk Money: Strategies for Student Loan Debt
Take your pick of more free Fidelity webinars this month. All are offered at Eastern Time (ET).
Tuesday, Aug. 17 – noon
Money at Work 1: Foundations for Investing
Tuesday, Aug. 17 – 3 p.m.
Lifetime Income: Marketproof Your Retirement
Wednesday, Aug. 18 – noon
Looking to Turn Your Retirement Savings into a Paycheck for Life?
Wednesday, Aug. 18 – 3 p.m.
Postcards from the Future: A Woman’s Guide to Saving and Investing
Thursday, Aug. 19 – noon
Social Security Strategies for Married Couples
Thursday, Aug. 19 – 3 p.m.
Financial Housekeeping for Now and Later