Start With Small Steps
If a good oral hygiene routine seems just out of reach, try gradually improving it. For example, if daily flossing sounds overwhelming, start with just once a week and increase from there. Another smile-smart resolution is slowly replacing pop with infused water.
Don’t Cancel on Your Dentist
Routine dental visits can catch hidden oral emergencies early and reduce your risk for tooth decay. The University of Michigan Dental Plans, administered by Delta Dental of Michigan, are designed to promote regular dental visits and good oral health, a key part of your overall wellness.
The following conditions are linked to your oral health, specifically bacteria if it takes root in your mouth:
- Heart disease and infection
- Pregnancy and birth complications
Three Tips to Take Care of Your Smile Between Visits
- Brush twice a day for two minutes each time.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months and after you’ve been sick.
- Limit your intake of sugary drinks.
Find a Participating Dentist
Visit the Delta Dental Find-a-Dentist tool to find an in-network dentist near you.