Open Enrollment is a time each year when benefits-eligible faculty, staff and retirees can sign up for benefits or choose different options for the upcoming year.
Open Enrollment for 2020 benefits is going on now through 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, November 1, 2019.
Your benefit needs may change as your life changes. Don't miss this chance to make different choices based on your budget and circumstances.
Benefits You Can Change
During Open Enrollment, you may change your health plan, your dental plan option, and your enrollment in the vision plan or legal services plan. Eligible faculty and staff may also add eligible dependents to their coverage and enroll in a flexible spending account.
These are important decisions. Be sure to review the plan information and 2020 rates to find the best plan or option for you and your family. Faculty and staff may also enroll eligible dependents on their benefits,
No Action Required to Keep Your Benefits, Except FSAs
If you are happy with your benefits, you do not need to do anything to keep them except for Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). The Internal Revenue Service regulates FSAs. Unlike other benefits, the IRS does not allow FSA enrollments to continue year to year. If you are in an FSA and want to participate in 2020, you will need to re-enroll.
Make Your Changes Now
If you want to change your benefits, go to Wolverine Access:
- Click the Faculty & Staff tab, and then click Employee Self-Service and log in.
- Click Benefits, and then follow the instructions on the Benefits Enrollment page to review your current benefits and make your choices.
- Your enrollment will be complete when you receive an online confirmation statement.
- Retirees may make changes online or by completing and sending in the 2020 benefits enrollment form included in materials mailed to them in early October.
- You may make and submit changes any many times as you wish until 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, November 1, 2019.
- Changes and new rates go into effect on January 1.
The Open Enrollmetn Deadline Is 5:00 p.m. on November 1
Complete and submit your benefits changes by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, November 1, 2019.
Benefits changes and new rates go into effect on January 1, 2020.