According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, influenza vaccination is the best way to prevent the flu. U-M faculty and staff have several options for receiving their flu vaccination on campus this fall.
Michigan Medicine faculty and staff, including the Medical School:
Michigan Medicine faculty, staff, medical/nursing students and volunteers can receive free flu vaccinations at health system fairs, through U-M Occupational Health Services in the Med Inn Building or from clinical unit flu liaisons. Get more information and view a list of options.
Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint campus faculty and staff (excluding Michigan Medicine and Medical School):
MHealthy, in partnership with Michigan Visiting Nurses (MVN), is offering walk-in flu shot clinics at the following locations for non-Michigan Medicine faculty and staff who work on Ann Arbor’s central, north and south campuses and Dearborn and Flint campuses. Spouses and other qualified adults (OQA) are also welcome to attend (must be 18 or older).
Employees and spouses/OQAs covered under a U-M health insurance plan will not be charged an out-of-pocket fee when they bring their insurance card to the clinic; the cost of the flu shot will be charged directly to their health plan. Those not covered under the insurance plans accepted at the flu shot clinic can still receive a flu shot at a rate of $25 per person. Pay by cash, check, or credit card.
Note, the below dates are for mass clinics that are open to all campus employees and their spouses/OQAs. Many individual departments, units and buildings have scheduled clinics for their employees. Please check with your administrator, email UMFluClinics@med.umich.edu or call 734-975-3225 if you are unsure whether your area is offering a clinic.
2017 Ann Arbor Campus clinics (for non-Michigan Medicine employees):
- Oct. 12, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Michigan League, Henderson Room (3rd Floor) (during M Farmers Market)
- October 16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Michigan League, Michigan Room (in partnership with UHS)
- Oct. 18, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Michigan League, Michigan Room
- Oct. 18, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m., Pierpont Commons, East Room
- Oct. 24, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., Michigan Union, Pond Room ABC
- Oct. 26, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., Michigan Union, Wolverine Room (in partnership with UHS)
- Oct. 26, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Duderstadt, Room 1180 (during M Farmers Market)
- Nov. 8, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Michigan League, Michigan Room (in partnership with UHS)
- Nov. 14, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Michigan Union, Pond Room ABC (in partnership with UHS)
2017 UM-Dearborn Campus clinics:
- Oct. 16, 2017, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., UM-Dearborn, University Center, Kochoff Hall A
- Oct. 18, 2017, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., UM-Dearborn, University Center, Kochoff Hall A
- Oct. 24, 2017, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., UM-Dearborn - University Center, Kochoff Hall A
2017 UM-Flint Campus clinic:
- Oct. 24, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., UM-Flint, Harding Mott University Center, Michigan Room D
In addition to the MHealthy/MVN clinics, non-Michigan Medicine employees can also get a flu shot at the office of their primary care provider.