Over the past 2 months, many of us have realized just how important socializing is. As we continue to practice social distancing, many have picked up on the trend of Zoom Happy Hours (Or BlueJeans, Meet, Facetime, etc.). But you don’t need to have a cocktail to connect.
Here are a half-dozen alternatives to alcohol for your next virtual get-together.
- Make it a coffee break or lunch date – Schedule your virtual hangout at a time where you’re more likely to share a cup of tea or simply break bread.
- Make it a movie night! Watch the same movie with friends using Netflix Party.
- Make it an unleaded happy hour with mocktails. MHealthy has nearly a dozen tasty non-alcoholic drink options right here.
- Make it a workout date. Join the Working at U-M Workplace group for classes at noon (re-watch anytime). Or check out the Zoom classes from Rec Sports.
- Zoom into your kitchen and cook a meal together. You could start a virtual cooking club (or join an existing one).
- Be a gamer! Try one of the following for a ton of fun:
Want to learn more about moderating your drinking?
The MHealthy Alcohol Management Program (AMP) at the University of Michigan is a brief, confidential health education program that helps you cut back on your drinking or quit altogether. It's your choice, abstinence, or alcohol moderation. Learn more about AMP.