Here at the University of Michigan, the way that people work is evolving. Many units have a variety of work schedules and locations to match the needs of both employees and employer. There are many documented benefits for all parties in using a range of workflex to achieve high productivity, enhance creativity and innovation, enhance health and wellbeing, and create dynamic working conditions that contribute to the University’s mission of excellence in teaching, research and service.
This web site is designed to acquaint users with new ways of working and to assist both employees and managers with the decisions needed to implement flexibility that is mutually beneficial. The Work/Life Resource Center strives to assist you with that process, just as you strive to meet the goals of your work place and the needs and desires in your life outside work.Please note that the Work/Life Resource Center is happy to provide information and brainstorm options. However, we cannot negotiate workflex between staff and their managers. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Types of workflex
- Benefits for having a workflex program
- University of Michigan policies on work schedules (SPGs)
- Federal Laws that may affect workflex decisions
- Manager’s guide for establishing workflex
- Employee’s guide for requesting workflex
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Sample proposals and/or forms for requesting workflex
- Additional Resources